Costner Cinema Chat

A site in which Kevin Costner's movies are discussed

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

What Is Going On With "The New Daughter"?

Once again, New Line Cinema stiffs a Kevin Cosnter film.

This time, it's "The New Daughter," KC's first horror movie, directed by Luiso Berdejo and starring Ivana Banquero as KC's daughter, who starts going through strange phenomena.

The film was shot as an indie, but unfortunately for KC, New Line picked it up. Those who read this blog are familiar with my disdain for New Line and what they did with previous KC films they released ("Thirteen Days" and "The Upside of Anger").

We've heard drabs about the special effects and the putting together of the movie. There was a clip shown at Cannes last year. But we haven't heard about a date.

And I'm afraid it's probably going to be put in the early part of 2010. Unfortunately, film critics tend to disregard anything released in the early part of a year, no matter its quality.

It's beginning to look like "The New Daughter" is Strike Three for New Line's treatment of Kevin Costner. Unless their thinking changes, may he never have a movie picked up or released by them again. Ever.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am getting nervous about this movie. It has been in post production an awful long time. I hear rumors that there is trouble with CG and the monster and this kind of talk makes be nervous, too. Costner has enough trouble getting money to direct projects and I really don't want to see anything get in his way in that regard. He has managed to fly under the radar in recent years - I suppose critics have other targets these days - and I would like to see it stay as such. I know he is his own man and I like that about him...but I also REALLY love when he directs a movie. Guess I'll just have to wait. What do you hear about The One and A Little War of Our Own? And how the devil can there be a Dances With Wolves 2 without Costner?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home